VILINK makes receiving technical support from bioMérieux faster, easier, and more secure. A VILINK connection can simplify and shorten support calls and reduce or, in some cases, eliminate the need for an on-site visit—all of which can reduce instrument downtime and improve efficiency in your laboratory.
Laboratory professionals are busier than ever. Remote support through VILINK keeps your BIOFIRE System running at peak performance so you can stay ahead of the curve.
- Remote monitoring: Support calls made easy
- Remote access: Real-time troubleshooting
- Easy data transfer for improved support
Will I have control over when a remote access session is initiated?
bioMérieux support personnel use secure tools to request remote access. You can choose to accept or reject any remote access request, and you will never receive unsolicited incoming connections.
What information is collected via the remote monitoring feature? (What information do you collect from my system?)
VILINK automatically monitors your BIOFIRE Torch or BIOFIRE 2.0 System’s computer and produces an automated report. This report history serves as an important tool for our support teams as they troubleshoot issues.
Monitoring focuses on technical information such as system performance, log files, and instrument status. Technical information related to system support is the only information that will be included in the automated reports uploaded onto the VILINK server. Information related to patients or biological results will not be automatically uploaded. All communications and transferred data go through the VILINK secure connection.
What data privacy/security programs do you have in place to protect my data?
bioMérieux has implemented a rigorous data privacy and security program to ensure compliance with all relevant privacy laws during the operation of our software. This program includes, but is not limited to:
- Assessing and implementing the regulations and standards applicable to healthcare institutions globally
- Requiring a customer’s formal agreement prior to configuring/activating remote access software
- Limiting access to information and information systems in line with an employee’s role in the organization, as part of a comprehensive security management system
- Training bioMérieux personnel who may have access to patient data on internal policies and procedures
- Implementing physical security measures to ensure that unauthorized users cannot enter bioMérieux premises or access VILINK data. These measures include restricting access to data servers and data-hosting environments
- Complying with complex password security standards to ensure that authentication cannot be easily compromised and requiring MFA controlled access for all employees
- Protecting connected systems on the bioMérieux network from external security vulnerabilities through a combination of firewalls, antivirus software, and regular Microsoft security updates
- Offering the ability to record remote access sessions, which can be used for internal audits
- Complying with applicable data privacy and security regulations
- Acting with the support of security experts to perform penetration tests, security assessments, and regulatory audits
What resources are available for my IT staff?
We have a cybersecurity whitepaper available upon request. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy.
If you are interested in utilizing VILINK in your institution, please complete the VILINK customer form below and our team will be in touch soon!
* VILINK is not available for the BIOFIRE® FILMARRAY® 1.5 which, as of April 2021, is no longer supported
* VILINK is also not available for the BIOFIRE® FILMARRAY® 2.0 EZ Configuration System or the BIOFIRE® SPOTFIRE® System