Proposals must be submitted in English and are reviewed by a committee of medical and scientific staff who meet regularly to review submitted proposals. Please take the time to describe the study in adequate detail so that our review committee has a good understanding of the study design, objectives, and workflow. BioFire may decide to support studies by providing funding, reagents, and/or loan of instruments.
In reviewing study proposals, we consider whether the proposed study:
- Is well described and has a scientifically valid study design.
- Is aligned with bioMérieux BioFire’s research goals of demonstrating the technical, clinical and economic value of the BioFire System to health care providers, administrators, laboratories, and payors.
- Provides incremental value to the current body of knowledge regarding the BioFire System.
- Complies with regulatory requirements, ethical standards and bioMérieux BioFire’s business standards.
- Is conducted by experienced and qualified investigators.
- Is expected to result in publication in a peer-reviewed journal or other recognized professional forum within two years of initiation.
Scope of research can include, but is not restricted to the assessment of outcomes such as cost-effectiveness, optimal time to therapy, reduction in antibiotic use, and healthcare resource utilization.
We support sponsored studies to add to the body of knowledge about the BioFire System. We do not support studies to influence individual purchasing decisions.