UNITED STATES AND OTHER NON-EUROPEAN COUNTRIES
Effective Date: March 16, 2019
The following policy applies to anyone who is not a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). If you a resident of the EEA, click here.
- Information You Provide
We collect information from you when you choose to share it with us. This may include when you use our Services, use our search function, create an online account with us, request a quote from us, apply for employment with us, request a demo from us, register a product with us, provide information to one of our sales coordinators, speak with one of our representatives by phone, sign up for newsletters or our email list, participate in a survey or promotion, request information from us, or otherwise contact us.
The information we collect from you may include, but is not limited to:
- Contact information, including your name, address, email address, telephone, or mobile number;
- Employer-related information, such as your title and the company’s name, address, and phone number;
- BioFire account number;
- Geolocation of any computer, mobile device, or other electronic device used to access the Site;
- Information regarding the products or equipment purchased;
- Information collected through our customer support service, including RMA Forms;
- Employment application information, such as tax identification numbers, educational record, and employment history; and
- The name and contact information for your employer or institution that you are associated with.
- Information Collected from Third Parties or Other Sources
We may obtain personal or other information about you from third parties or other sources, and combine this information with the information we collect from and about you through the Services. Such information may include, but is not limited to:
- Information, including geolocation information, collected through our Site;
- Information obtained through communications that you make through a third party;
- Any other information obtained through companies that have business relationships with us, such as our licensees, affiliates, and business partners.
We may also obtain information about you from other online sources, including when you connect with BioFire through its official corporate pages on third party social networks (such as Facebook) or the “apps” on those pages. This information may include, but is not limited to, name, user name, demographic information, updated address or contact information, interests, and publicly-observed data, such as from social media and online activity. We may combine this information with the information we collect from and about you through the Services.
- Information Automatically Collected
For example, we may automatically collect certain information from you, including but not limited to:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including resources that you access and use on our Website, traffic data, location data, logs, language, date and time of access, frequency, and other communication data.
- Information about your computer, mobile devices and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, host domain, and browser type.
- Details of referring websites (URL).
We may also use third party cookies and other technologies to support our Services, provide services on our behalf, facilitate business transactions on our behalf, or provide relevant advertising to you. Some of these third parties may use technology such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, log files, or Flash cookies on our Site, which may send some of the above-referenced information to those third parties.
- Tracking Options and California Do Not Track Disclosures
Certain parts of our Site require cookies. You are free to set your browser or operating system settings to limit certain tracking or to decline cookies, but by doing so you may not be able to use certain features on the Site, or take full advantage of all of our offerings. Please refer to your Web browser’s or operating system’s website or “Help” section for more information on how to delete and/or disable your browser or operating system from receiving cookies or controlling your tracking preferences.
Certain parts of our Site may also include advertisements from third parties. You can opt-out of being targeted by certain third-party ad-servers and BioFire served ads online using the National Advertising Initiative’s opt-out tool, the About Ads opt-out tool, or on TRUSTe’s site.
- Combination of Information
We may combine the information we receive from and about you, including information you provide to us and information we automatically collect through our Site, as well as information collected from other online sources or from third party sources to help us tailor our communications to you and to improve our Services.
BioFire may use the information we collect from and about you for any of the following purposes:
- To validate, confirm, verify, and track your account, products or services (including to contact you about your account, products or services);
- To enhance your online experience, including as a way to recognize you and welcome you to the Site, make the account usage faster and smoother and provide you with customized Site content, targeted offers advertising on our Site (including geo-targeted advertising), or via email, telephone, text message, or by mail;
- To recognize your online activities over time and across different websites and devices;
- To contact you with information, newsletters, promotional materials and contests from BioFire or on behalf of our business partners, licensees, and affiliates;
- We may also share user information with our co-sponsors, business partners and service providers to offer products or services which we believe may be valuable or useful to our visitors.They may use a pixel tag or other similar technology to collect anonymous information about your visits to sites, and they may use that information to target advertisements for our productsand Services.
- To use your data in an aggregated non-specific format for analytical and demographic purposes;
- To review the usage and operations of our Site, and improve our content, products, and services;
- To protect the security or integrity of the Site and our business, such as by protecting against and preventing fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and managing risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users; and
- As otherwise described to you at the point of data collection.
Additionally, if you use the Site to connect with third party services you authorize us to use information from and about you, on your behalf, to interact with these third party services based on your requests.
BioFire may disclose the personal information we collect from and about you in the following ways:
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business or in connection with the administration and support of the activities noted above and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal data confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them (e.g., database hosting providers, managed services providers, developers, consultants).
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of BioFire’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal data held by BioFire about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you ask us to communicate information to a third party dealer or installer who is installing or serving your product.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide your information or with your consent when required by applicable law and regulations.
BioFire may also share aggregate or anonymous non-personal information with third parties for their marketing or analytics uses.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, you may request information about our disclosure of personal information to third parties or affiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at:
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC
Attn: Data Privacy Officer
515 Colorow Drive
Salt Lake City, Utah 84108
You must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject field. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.
Non-affiliated third parties are independent from BioFire and if you wish to receive information about your disclosure choices or stop communications from such third parties, you will need to contact those non-affiliated third parties directly.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITE
Any information you may disclose on our Site, in blogs, on message boards, in chat rooms, or on other public areas on a Site, App, or other third-party website that the Site or App may link to, becomes public information. Please exercise caution when disclosing personal information in these public areas. We reserve the right to remove any posting or content in a posting at our sole discretion.
Protecting children’s privacy is important to us. We do not direct our Site, nor do we knowingly collect any personal information from, children under the age of thirteen. If we learn that a child under the age of thirteen has provided personally identifiable information to a Site or App, we will use reasonable efforts to remove such information from the files of such Site or App.
We have taken certain physical, administrative, and technical steps to safeguard the information we collect from and about our customers and Site visitors. While we make every reasonable effort to help ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee our security measures.
Your personal information may be stored on servers in the United States and is subject to the laws of the United States, where the data protection and other laws may differ from those of other countries. Your personal information may be disclosed in response to inquiries or requests from government authorities or to respond to judicial process in the countries in which we operate.
YOUR OPTIONS AND ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We provide our customers with the opportunity to opt-out of having their information used for purposes not directly related to purchase, processing, registration or ongoing services. To “opt out” of receiving future e-mail marketing messages from BioFire, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions OR click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of an e-mail marketing message or visit https://www.biofiredx.com/company/contact/. Please allow five business days for your request to take effect.
To access, review, or update your information stored by BioFire on the syndromictrends.com webpage, you may visit the Account Profile page on the Site, where you can view, update, or change your personal information and update your member profile, password, and associated information.
If you have any additional questions concerning access to or updating your personal information, please contact us at the information provided in the “Contact Us” section below.
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC
Attn: Data Privacy Officer
515 Colorow Drive
Salt Lake City, Utah 84108