Is It COVID-19? The Flu?
The BioFire® RP2.1 plus Panel
1 TEST. 23 TARGETS. 45 MINUTES.
The newest respiratory solution from BioFire runs on the BioFire®
FilmArray® 2.0 and the BioFire® FilmArray® Torch Systems and includes:
- 19 viruses, including SARS-CoV-2, influenza A, influenza B,
and respiratory syncytial virus
- 4 bacteria, including Bordetella pertussis and Bordetella parapertussis
THE BIOFIRE RP2.1plus PANEL MENU
Overall 97.1% Sensitivity and 99.3% Specificity 1
Sample Type: Nasopharyngeal swab in transport media
● Coronavirus HKU1
● Coronavirus NL63
● Coronavirus 229E
● Coronavirus OC43
● Middle East Respiratory
Syndrome Coronavirus (MERS-CoV)
● Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome
Coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2)
● Human Metapneumovirus
● Human Rhinovirus/Enterovirus
● Influenza A
● Influenza A/H1
● Influenza A/H3
● Influenza A/H1-2009
● Influenza B
● Parainfluenza Virus 1
● Parainfluenza Virus 2
● Parainfluenza Virus 3
● Parainfluenza Virus 4
● Respiratory Syncytial Virus
● Bordetella parapertussis
● Bordetella pertussis
● Chlamydia pneumoniae
● Mycoplasma pneumoniae
Don’t Guess. Know: The Syndromic Approach is More Important than Ever.
SARS-CoV-2 is a top concern for patients and clinicians, but several pathogens can cause nearly indistinguishable respiratory symptoms. BioFire’s syndromic approach combines a broad grouping of probable pathogens into a single, rapid test. With the BioFire RP2.1plus Panel, all it takes is one test and just 45 minutes to identify 23 respiratory pathogens, including SARS-CoV-2.
Less than 10% of all COVID-19 tests in the US have been positive.2 And influenza accounts for less than one-third of detected respiratory pathogens, even during peak “flu season.”3 A comprehensive panel that includes viruses and bacteria can help deliver fast answers and fewer missed detections.
Learn more about syndromic infectious disease testing from BioFire
BioFire’s Syndromic Testing Has Been Shown To:
Improve antimicrobial therapy
1.9-day reduction in the mean duration of antibiotic treatment4
Shorten patient stays
3-day reduction in adult intensive care unit stay4
$8,000 saved per adult patient in intensive care units4
BioFire® FilmArray® Panels
Product availability varies by country. Consult your bioMérieux representative.
Request a BioFire System Demo
Are you ready to order the BioFire System or want to request a free demo? Click below to take the next step towards faster results with syndromic infectious disease testing.
- The stated performance is based on the prospective portion of the clinical study as described in the BioFire® Respiratory 2.1plus Panel Instructions for Use.
- The COVID Tracking Project. The Atlantic. Available from: https://covidtracking.com/data.
- BioFire® Syndromic Trends.
- Martinez, et al. Geisinger Health System (CVS poster, May 2016).