Is It COVID-19? The Flu?
The BioFire® RP2.1 plus Panel
1 TEST. 23 TARGETS. 45 MINUTES.
The newest respiratory solution from BioFire runs on the BioFire®
FilmArray® 2.0 and the BioFire® FilmArray® Torch Systems and includes:
- 19 viruses, including SARS-CoV-2, influenza A, influenza B,
and respiratory syncytial virus
- 4 bacteria, including Bordetella pertussis and Bordetella parapertussis
THE BIOFIRE RP2.1plus PANEL MENU
Overall 97.1% Sensitivity and 99.3% Specificity 1
Sample Type: Nasopharyngeal swab in transport media
● Coronavirus HKU1
● Coronavirus NL63
● Coronavirus 229E
● Coronavirus OC43
● Middle East Respiratory
Syndrome Coronavirus (MERS-CoV)
● Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome
Coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2)
● Human Metapneumovirus
● Human Rhinovirus/Enterovirus
● Influenza A
● Influenza A/H1
● Influenza A/H3
● Influenza A/H1-2009
● Influenza B
● Parainfluenza Virus 1
● Parainfluenza Virus 2
● Parainfluenza Virus 3
● Parainfluenza Virus 4
● Respiratory Syncytial Virus
● Bordetella parapertussis
● Bordetella pertussis
● Chlamydia pneumoniae
● Mycoplasma pneumoniae
Don’t Guess. Know: The Syndromic Approach is More Important than Ever.
SARS-CoV-2 is a top concern for patients and clinicians, but several pathogens can cause nearly indistinguishable respiratory symptoms. BioFire’s syndromic approach combines a broad grouping of probable pathogens into a single, rapid test. With the BioFire RP2.1plus Panel, all it takes is one test and just 45 minutes to identify 23 respiratory pathogens, including SARS-CoV-2.
Less than 10% of all COVID-19 tests in the US have been positive.2 And influenza accounts for less than one-third of detected respiratory pathogens, even during peak “flu season.”3 A comprehensive panel that includes viruses and bacteria can help deliver fast answers and fewer missed detections.
BioFire’s Syndromic Testing Has Been Shown To:
Improve antimicrobial therapy
1.9-day reduction in the mean duration of antibiotic treatment4
Shorten patient stays
3-day reduction in adult intensive care unit stay4
$8,000 saved per adult patient in intensive care units4
Request a BioFire System Demo
Are you ready to order the BioFire System or want to request a free demo? Click below to take the next step towards faster results with syndromic infectious disease testing.
- The stated performance is based on the prospective portion of the clinical study as described in the BioFire® Respiratory 2.1plus Panel Instructions for Use.
- The COVID Tracking Project. The Atlantic. Available from: https://covidtracking.com/data.
- BioFire® Syndromic Trends.
- Martinez, et al. Geisinger Health System (CVS poster, May 2016).