For detailed instructions please see the BioFire 2.0 Operator’s Manual
- The BioFire 2.0 database reliably stores up to 8,000 runs. However, as time goes on the available amount of memory available for run data processing will be depleted if existing runs are not archived.
- BioFire recommends that you archive regularly in small batches in order to minimize disruption to work flow and to avoid performance issues down the line.
- Failure to archive runs regularly will eventually result in a warning indicating there is an urgent need to archive runs.
To archive runs stored in the BioFire 2.0 database:
- In the Browse Runs tab, highlight one or more desired runs.
- Use the Quick Search, Keyword Search, or Advanced Search options to search for particular runs to archive. For more information, see the Search and View Run Data section of the BioFire 2.0 Operator’s Manual.
- Right-click the highlighted runs to open the Browse Runs context menu.
- Select the menu item Archive Selected Runs. The Create/Select Archive File dialog is displayed.
- Navigate to the desired location, select a name for the file, and then click Save.
- By default the selected runs are saved to a file with extension .faz and a name containing the first and last dates for the set of runs being archived, as well as the name of the computer being used to perform the archive.
- The software prompts the operator to verify removal of the selected runs from the database. Click Yes to continue or No to cancel the archive process.
- The software verifies that all runs have been saved to the file and then deletes each run from the database one at a time. A progress dialog will display during the archive.
NOTE: It is recommended that runs be archived in batches of no more than 500. Archiving 500 runs will take approximately one hour to complete.
- When the process is complete, a final status message “Archive completed normally” is displayed.
- Click Close to close the dialog box.
- The .faz file can be transferred from the computer using a portable media device and stored according to institutional data retention policies.
Restoring Archived files
- In the Browse Runs tab, highlight a run, right-click the highlighted run to open the Browse Runs context menu, and then select the menu item Restore Archived Runs. The Select Archive File dialog is displayed.
- Navigate to the desired .faz file(s) and click Open.
- The Select Archived Runs dialog is displayed. Select the files to restore by clicking All or selecting files individually.
- Click OK to start the restore process. A progress dialog will display during the restore. When the process is complete, a final status message will be displayed.
- Whether the operator allows the process to complete or clicks Cancel, it is necessary to click the Close button, when it appears, to close the dialog.