All It Takes Is a Spark
Our passion began to burn in 1990, in the corner of an Idaho potato equipment facility. We started out as Idaho Technology, Inc., developing products with a firm commitment to eliminate disease through smart thinking and product innovation. That spark quickly became an inferno as we introduced a number of “firsts” to the molecular diagnostics and biosurveillance industries. In 2012, we changed our name to BioFire Diagnostics, Inc. to reflect more accurately our outward passion and commitment.
With FDA clearance of the revolutionary FilmArray system, BioFire has set a new standard in molecular diagnostics. Featuring unmatched usability, the FilmArray’s comprehensive respiratory panel tests for 20 viral and bacterial targets in one, 60-minute test. That’s a feat that no other product on the market can match. Physicians attain answers sooner. Laboratories maximize productivity and reduce costs.
Innovation at BioFire continues with the development of new panels like the Blood Culture Identification Panel, Gastrointestinal Panel, Meningitis Panel and the Lower Respiratory Panel. Much like the FDA cleared Respiratory Panel, these new additions will provide fast, comprehensive results.
The Fastest Way to Better Results
A child enters the Emergency Room with an unknown illness, and a doctor needs answers right away:
- Is it RSV influenza or B. pertussis?
- Should the child be isolated?
When it comes to patient care, time is critical. The FilmArray Respiratory Panel provides faster results to these questions to help find answers in an efficient and cost effective manner.
FilmArray is unlike any other molecular diagnostic system on the market. It is:
||Easy to use. The sample is easily loaded into the pouch. No precise measuring needed.
||Comprehensive. The only system that completely integrates all the processes required to simultaneously analyze a sample for multiple nucleic acid targets, including sample preparation, reverse transcription, PCR, detection, and analysis.
||Fast. In as little as two minutes, the patient sample is loaded into the pouch and placed into the system for an automated test. Results are generated in about an hour. And with 20 respiratory targets in one test, it is the most comprehensive panel on the market.
At BioFire we live in the world of molecular diagnostics and biosurveillance. Our contribution to these growing industries includes products and ideas that speed up medical results, help people stay healthy, make communities safer and enable first responders to be more efficient. Simply put, we make the world a safer and healthier place.
Fire Changes Everything
Here is what you can expect as we help make the world a little safer:
- Cutting Edge Solutions – We lead the industry in developing reliable and accurate products like the FilmArray and the R.A.P.I.D, the first ruggedized PCR-based device.
- Easy-to-use Products – Though our technology is highly sophisticated, simplicity is a trademark characteristic of all of our products. Ease of use is critical to our customers and sets us apart from our competitors.
- Continual Evolution – We’re always blazing new trails, creating new technologies, software, devices and processes. We like to stay ahead, because once we have solved one problem, it’s on to the next.
- Long-term Relationships - No one can make it alone. We need strong partnerships to do what we do, and we deeply value the partnerships that we have. Backed by a remarkable network of corporate, military, and educational relationships, as well as loyal employees, we are igniting innovation.
- Customer Support – We don’t just solve problems. With the urgent nature of patient and community care, we help our clients make a difference. We take pride in addressing any and all concerns quickly and accurately. We truly value our relationship with our customers.
Set the World on Fire
Today, our passion burns brighter than ever. We remain committed to the mission we set out to do way back in that Idaho potato equipment facility to combat disease through superior thinking and product innovation. Join us in setting the world on fire.